Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mlah-mlee-mlah..

Hiiii. Miss me much?

Sorry for the MIA-ness to anyone who's been wondering where I've been. I've been busy getting screwed over by the insurance company (AllState), Enterprise, and maybe even the auto body shop. Anywho. It's just been crazy. At the end of the day, everyone is pointing fingers at each other blaming everyone and their mom except for themselves. I'll be honest, I don't really care who it comes down to, the fact of the matter is that not 1 party handled the situation the way that they should have and I wasn't taken care of. My car's been MIA for about a month & 1/2 now and it took 2 weeks alone to get a quote from the insurance company sooooo. Yeah. *sigh* Anyway. Apparently my car should be good by Monday. *crosses fingers*

How's it all hanging in your neck of the woods?

Oh! So my dad was down in San Diego this last week and Chris actually drove the 1 1/2 hours to pick up my dad from the airport and took my dad out to dinner. Awww, they're bonding! We're almost to the 7 month mark for our countdown to September 19! Crazy! Wedding inspiration boards/ideas/in process will be posted soon. I do have to say, I tried on my dress again the other night in my room and it is SO perfect. And looser than when I bought it! *eep! Yay! I'll look into alterations in a couple months.

In the midst of our wedding planning, my siblings and I (including Chris) are throwing my parents a surprise shin-dig in late June. It's a big year for our family as I'm getting married, my baby sister is out of the house, my brothers (older & baby) are leaving to go south for school this fall, and it seems that my mom is going to get the empty nest she never wanted all at once. Its kind of bittersweet. I'm excited for these new chapters in our lives, but it's scary to be "without" each other. Our family's pretty close and we've never been more than a couple miles from each other. Being in Colorado killed me so I ended up back in MN. And I've NEVER spent a holiday without my family. Anyway, we're planning a bash for my parents just to say "THANKS!" and "We love you!" and make people cry. And ourselves. haha. So we're off to the prospective venue at Northwestern College this afternoon. Updates to come!

Anyway, I hope you're all having a great week/end of January/Saturday. I miss blogging. I need to figure out how to post pictures on blogger instead of having to use photobucket so if you know, help a girl out! And I might be baking peanut butter blossom cookies this afternoon! Yay! Yes, they're probably not good for the wedding diet, but SO good for the tummy!

I'll be back, pinky-swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment