Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Delayed NYE, anyone?

Soooo yes, NYE was quite low key, but I liked it. A much needed break from chaos although I have to admit, it kinda just snuck up on me like Christmas did. And if you know me, you know I don't do new year's resolutions-- you either change something about yourself or you don't-- no knock on anyone of you guys who do :) But NYE was nice. I spent it with my sister (my older sister couldn't make it since she was told at the last minute by her dear hubby that they were having guests over-- grr, guys...) and my brothers picked up pizza for the night as well-- aww. My sister and I spent the entire night watching Friends re-runs and I remember now why I loved it so. Chris and I talked at each other's midnights. Can I just say that it sucks not getting to kiss him at midnight-- for the last 5 years?! Yes, that's right. Never had a New Year's kiss at midnight. Chris and I haven't even spent a holiday together yet. Weird? Ahh well, my last year as a bachelorette, yeah!

Anyway, the night was spent with crabcakes, sushi, pizza, and laughter. How much better can it get?


Photobucket
Ohhh me. Hi.

Photobucket
I went to work like that. I look short... it's the cut off tights... and ankle boots...

Photobucket
the shoes of choice.

Photobucket
best chips. evAr.

Photobucket
My sister made sushi. Mmm.. I had about 3 rolls and then I couldn't eat anymore.

Photobucket
Look what I mixed up.

Photobucket
want some? Maybe not yet...

Photobucket
Mmmm the smell of peanut oil... which is so FREAKIN expensive, by the way!

Photobucket
The outcome-- crabcakes!!

Needless to say, I didn't eat any since I couldn't stand the smell of them cooking after about ohhhhh 1 of them frying. What did I have instead?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes. Orange juice.

Photobucket
Clean up.

Photobucket
The back of my baby brother's head... he's not so little anymore...

Photobucket
The back of my older brother's head. Yeah, they're not so good about taking pictures.

Photobucket
My BFF of a sister and I.

I didn't touch any crab cakes or pizza until the next day. Ugh. There's still some crab left that I need to use and my sister wants me to make more crab cakes, but the smell, oh the smell of that grease. Bleh!

I'm gearing up for my Friday which is tomorrow!! Yay!

And the best news yet-- today was my Baby's 27th birthday. He hates festivities, but I love him and make a big deal about things like this. He loves BBQ, so I called Johnny Rebs' in the OC and had them deliver lunch to him and his co-workers. Those guys at the studio love me cause I feed them even if I'm not there through birthday/anniversary lunches or care packages to Chris. I'm so great. hah. Luis-- Chris' roommate & co-worker, taped his reaction. He looked SO unhappy when the guys got the food and sang to him cause he HATES festivities. Until he saw my note with the food-- "Here's to your LAST birthday as a bachelor." Its funny cause in the video, you can hear him laugh and then groan and go "Gahh! She ALWAYS says that! Your LAST ____ as a bachelor!" haha. I love him. You guys are gonna get so sick of hearing about him. Heehee. But he's pretty awesome. Happy Birthday, Baby. I'm so glad to be a part of your amazing life and am excited about the many more birthdays to come! I'll see you in 2 days!! I love you.

Photobucket

And I'm still trying to ease the suggestion of him guest blogging. He reads this so say something nice to him and maybe that'll help. :P

P.S. Work-out update: I managed 8 minutes yesterday for the mile run. I sucked today as I cut my run down to 20 minutes. I'll be back to 30 tomorrow. Ohhh me. How's it goin for you??

1 comment:

  1. I dig crab cakes and sushi!!! You are such a great great great fiancee and surely, you'll be the greatest wife to Chris and become a stellar mom.

    Hi Chris! We'd really love to hear from you one of these days. We've been reading so much good stuff from Sassy Pants about you :)

    ReplyDelete